Monday 2 February 2009

Biketastic

Mr Cotty at Cannondale has done a great job and the bikes have been coming in thick and fast. The bikes are in a state of transition, being pimped up with finishing kit from our sponsors Hope, FSA, Crank Brothers, Panaracer and lizard skins. No prizes for guessing which one is mine. I can't wait to get out on the Scalpel, im just waiting for some stem options to get the front end set up just right. Annie Simpson is the only rider to take her new Cannondale Synapse out for a spin during our training day last weekend and apart from a very non womans saddle she was right at home on the Synapse. Good news from the Team training front is that Nadine has made great improvements in critical areas of her physiology so she is well on track for a good season. Jenn as always is hammering the miles in with her commute every day through all weather and is coping well with being an Elite racer and a full time worker however we are both in need of a warm weather training camp. I gave the Scalpel a quick blast round the apartments where we live and I can report that it is the stiffest front end of any MTB I have ever ridden. I jumped back on my old bike with Reba forks and the difference was very noticable, and Reba's are great forks. I think the system integration on the Cannondale bikes is first class and is very evident in the ride charicteristics of the bikes.

The snow is still falling here in Macclesfield so the Forest is looking good for an early evening blast after work, the question is do I get the Scalpel dirty or take the old bike out which I have polished up ready for eBay?

No comments: