Wednesday 3 June 2009

It wasn't an excuse to get out of bike washing..Honest

With reference to Jenns comments on my cunning plan to get out of bike washing, I have added below the heart rate data from my flutter.
As Jenn mentioned its not a problem, my Father has it, my Grandfather had it (And lived to nearly 100) and I am stuck with it, along with the big lungs gene and the ability to build upper body muscle when passing within 10 yards of a bar bell, which kind of cancels out the huge lungs... unless I switch to rowing which suits my 6 feet 4 frame build.
As it happens I hate water and have only ever used a gym rower so for now it's back to the bike training.
As you can see this resting HR value kind of messes up my training zone calculation. The dip is where it all went back to normal if not slightly elevated from normal resting HR values due to the fact I had done 3 laps of Margham on the nail in high temperatures. The raised 90 bpm is the oxygen debt which takes into account the residual effects of thermogenic hormones, temperature regulation, blood return to the lungs from the working muscle and the like.

No comments: